Thursday, October 14, 2010

5-3-10 Big Girls Don't Cry

Hello everyone! How are things going in your lives? I really do want to know when I ask.
I have been busy working and promoting SpiritStones and going out with friends. On Saturday though I took time out to attend a workshop called “fearless life” in NYC with a wonderful coach I met though Victor. Here is her website if you’d like to know more about her: www.bestYOUever.com
I have been practicing living more fearlessly and getting out of my comfort zone, I tried (and love) theatrical improv and I also got brave and sang Karaoke! I have always wanted to sing but don’t have a trained voice so either I sound like an angel or I have a voice that can make dogs bark! (These are actual comments on my singing not self assessment LOL) Anyway, Saturday was my biggest stretch of all…driving myself into New York City! Oh how I begged everyone I could think of to go with me, no one was available and I knew I must face this fear alone. This workshop was very important to me and from the moment I saw it advertised my inner voice was nagging me to go. So I set off bright and early sat morning, coffee in the cup holder, my trusty GPS and Fergie’s “Big Girls Don’t Cry” blasting on my car radio. I got increasingly excited (and nervous) as I approached the city…and then just before I reached the Holland tunnel my phone rang and after I located my Blue-tooth, which for some reason always ends up answering my calls from the bottom of my purse, I realized it was Victor checking on my progress. Now let me tell you everyone should have a friend like him, he knows the city well as he used to work there and he was kind enough to stay on the phone with me all the way from the tunnel to parking to walking down the street till I got in front of the conference center. So you see all God/The Universe asks of us is to step out and try, to have a little faith in yourself and that you will always be protected, he won’t ever leave you alone and always sends someone to watch over you.
I have more interesting stories regarding this NYC adventure but will add that later……

With Love, Cassie
Fergie- Big Girls Don't Cry

No comments:

Post a Comment