Sunday, October 24, 2010

Dustin Andrews AFB 2

And I talked to my older boy Dustin last night, I called him because I saw on FaceBook that he’s getting moved to a new job and felt to myself that he needed some advice from Mom. He was respectful and listened, that’s all I asked of him to just listen and consider what I thought. He’s 25 and too old to be told and I am glad for that. I also told him I am moving and leaving his brother behind, good he said he’s 20 and time to grow up, I worry about his though I said. Well he plays that depression thing too much Mom, give him a chance to be a man like I did and I knew he was right……..so I am giving up the little boys who needed me to take care of them and fix everything. Sure they still need advice, I will be there for them, holidays we will spend together, in between Jeremy and I can have dinners and talk but yeah my days of being a full time mom are done and that’s as it should be……off for my fun and adventure while I am still young! Grandkids to play with will come soon enough…
In the meantime I know my boys were given the tools to succeed on their own, I taught them that. Dustin he got through Air Force boot camp and even studied and became a non-commissioned officer once in (see video below). Jeremy he always loved the quads, and he can take a riding lawnmower that sat in the river for 2 yrs (don’t ask), drag it out, take it apart, put it back together and make it run again! He doesn’t give up on his machinery, he doesn’t give up getting out of the mud (see video below) he won’t give up on his life either, Mom just needs to let go…what he needs is a male figure to push him not a mom to baby him and he will be just fine…..

Dustin graduation from Officer Training School

No comments:

Post a Comment